Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Boise
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you count on it running like it should so your Boise basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can stop draining for several different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, get in touch with the Experts at TML Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and provide you with preventive maintenance tips, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease working for several different reasons:
- No power
- Insufficient maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is vertical and not tipping to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump turns on and removes the water efficiently.
- During arid forecasts, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust TML Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of insurance to protect your home from water damage, trust the Experts at TML Service Experts to verify yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 208-488-4892 or request an appointment online.