FREE in-home consultation
Breathe cleaner, healthier air

Fight Allergies in Boise with a UV Germicidal Light

Ultraviolet light was initially used to treat tuberculosis. Today, it’s used to clean hospitals, some foods during processing, water and air. Germicidal lamps can also make your Boise home’s environment cleaner.

A UV lamp can disinfect HVAC systems and enhance the air quality in your Boise home. It can wipe out mold, bacteria, viruses and other pathogens within 10 seconds of contact.

This can prompt relief for asthma and allergy sufferers, especially in hot, humid climates where mold and bacteria flourish. These lights may even help your HVAC system last longer, since they keep parts clean.

Our Experts can advise you on the system that will work best for your home and your family’s needs. And all work by TML Service Experts is supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.*

How Does Germicidal UV Light Work?

Ultraviolet lamps are installed inside your ductwork, near your HVAC system, and run constantly. These lamps use ultraviolet radiation and special lightbulbs to eliminate the DNA of bacteria or a virus.

In as quickly as 10 seconds, this strong light halts contaminants from multiplying throughout your HVAC system and home.

Two studies have shown how efficient UV light is in battling germs and mold.

In 2012, researchers at Duke University Medical Center used it to take care of 97 percent of drug-resistant bacteria in 50 hospital rooms.

In 2001, researchers found UV light “significantly lowered” mold levels in a commercial office building’s HVAC system.

A germicidal system can also neutralize scents and airborne bioaerosols like pollen or pet dander. It’s not practical against dust, which is best managed by an air filtration system.

Is UV Germicidal Light Safe?

Using UV light in your home is harmless as long as you follow a couple of precautions.

The sun lets off ultraviolet light, which has a smaller wavelength than light you can detect. It’s responsible for causing painful sunburns. Ongoing overexposure can lead to wrinkles, skin cancer and eye problems.

The type of light used in a germicidal system is stronger, so it’s important to let TML Service Experts manage installation and maintenance. You should never look right at the light or allow bare skin to come into contact with it.