What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also create carbon monoxide. CO is dangerous to the body and is fatal at high levels or with long exposure.