Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to start. Doing correct safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Boise.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when run properly but can make carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by booking yearly furnace maintenance with TML Service Experts.