Stopping it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Doing appropriate safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Boise.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Idle your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours going in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when operated properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a professional. This ensures chimneys and vents are clear and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with TML Service Experts.