Your heating and cooling system is the key to home comfort and high air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work hard in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. A lot of homeowners take these features for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioner has ever malfunctioned on a blistering summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to guarantee an uninterrupted source of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should consider applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to request tune-ups with TML Service Experts, but we highly encourage signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, consider these benefits:
- Expose small problems early: Issues with your HVAC equipment often progress gradually. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that annual maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your home comfort system performs the way it should, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is running as intended.
- Protect your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from pricey repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC maintenance plan gives you access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discount on Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance plan entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you disappointed, our technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
TML Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local TML Service Experts office today.