When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if the water looks clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that are hazardous to your family’s health and well-being. A lot of people dislike the taste of tainted tap water and grasp the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you may first think about continuing the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets pricey soon. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filtration system, find out what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, contact TML Service Experts to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but several of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and increases in the water main after heavy rainfall. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At TML Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, eliminate bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local TML Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.