Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature dips and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more and more, you should also reach for your phone to schedule annual furnace maintenance. Making sure your furnace runs optimally this winter increases your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s more about what this crucial annual task entails and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Included in Annual Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance visit is an easy way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the particular tasks depend on the brand and age of your furnace, you can generally expect your technician to complete the following:
- Examine and clean the burner: Over time, dirt and debris can clog the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it brings back ideal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Confirming these valves are completely open and working correctly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Check the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to ensure no cracks are present.
- Evaluate and tighten electrical parts: Loose connections can make your HVAC unit unsafe and inefficient. Fortunately, tightening them is a fast and easy task.
- Clean the blower: A dirty blower affects your furnace’s ability to distribute warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan makes certain that your home has the best airflow.
- Replace the air filter: Clean air filters allow necessary airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a dirt-filled air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also boosts indoor air quality if you install an efficient enough filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still worthwhile to schedule a maintenance appointment? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Decrease mid-season failures: Few things are more discouraging than waking up on a freezing winter morning to learn your furnace has stopped working. Sudden breakdowns are aggravating and can leave you scrambling to find a repairman. Annual furnace maintenance reduces the risk of unexpected problems because your heating specialist looks over every part of your system, catching minor issues before they snowball into costly repairs.
- Reduced repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the sooner you find a problem, the less expensive it is to correct. By investing in budget-friendly, scheduled maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Lengthen your furnace’s life span: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives routine tune-ups will likely last longer than an unattended heating system. Annual maintenance saves you the expense of untimely furnace replacement by increasing your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system works a lot more efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home comfortable. This decreases your power bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Better indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air intensifies allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace traps dust, pollen and other airborne irritants to reduce these problems. During a maintenance tune-up, the technician will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air flows through your home.
- Increases safety: A failing furnace is not only inefficient, it also could be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or defective gas valves can lead to dangerous carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has has received a thorough examination during routine maintenance should give you a sense of comfort this winter.
When Should You Schedule Your Maintenance Visit?
To experience the most benefits, it’s best to schedule annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This gives you time to make sure any issues are resolved before you begin relying heavily on your heating system.
Do-It-Yourself Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
While professional maintenance is vital, you can complete several tasks yourself so that your furnace runs smoothly between visits:
- Replace the air filter every 30 to 90 days to increase airflow.
- Make sure all of your return and supply registers are open and unblocked for system balance.
- Vacuum the exterior of the furnace with the brush attachment to make sure it stays clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance tune-up, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a name you can count on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting answers to all your heating and cooling problems. We’re proud to deliver solutions to our community and focus on making a big difference in your life and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee for your peace of mind. To make sure your furnace is ready for cold weather, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
Zoning Systems: Control the Temperature in Every Room
Central heating and air systems have revolutionized home comfort and made it possible to stay perfectly comfy in any season or climate. Yet, while centralized systems supply a simple way to control the temperature, they in some cases fall short when it comes to evenly distributing heated or cooled... Continue reading
Eight Popular Heating Myths Debunked
There are many myths out there about home heating that lead to confusion and inefficient furnace operation. It’s time to set the record straight. Here, the heating specialists at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing debunk the eight most common myths to keep your home... Continue reading
Eight Upgrades to Boost Your Home HVAC System
During the chilly days and nights in the U.S., there’s no better way to enhance your home’s comfort than with easy and effective upgrades. It’s not only about keeping the house toasty warm as the snow begins to fall—it’s about enhancing efficiency and cleaning the very air you breathe.... Continue reading