Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Boise, you might be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, in addition to the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can probably delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from TML Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the right suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you install both units at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any large imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system goes out. You can skip the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at peak efficiency, making your residence cozier and lowering your ongoing heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for an exclusive deal as you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call TML Service Experts. We understand the expense of replacing your entire system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 208-488-4892 to request an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.