Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Boise, you might be thinking—should you also schedule furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to consider, plus the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from TML Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the right suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you install both units at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any large imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can skip the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at peak efficiency, making your residence comfier and lowering your monthly heating and cooling costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an updated furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in during the same appointment. And you could even qualify for an exclusive deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on TML Service Experts. We understand the price of replacing your complete system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 208-488-4892 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.