Summer is normally a busy time of year for many families in Boise. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Boise heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t go to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Boise heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give TML Service Experts a call at 208-488-4892 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Boise heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early warning of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Boise temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than normal. It can help you cool down a tad sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.