How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of gases that could be inside your Boise house. Natural gas and gases that come from residential furnishings, flooring and paints. Not one of these gases are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Call TML Service Experts at 208-488-4892 right away to get started defending your home against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?

Carbon monoxide might be a big deal, so it’s not a thing to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot see it, sense it with your nose or taste it. It’s not as dangerous in small concentrations and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of spent fuel. It can filter into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. Based on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a house, it could become lethal in only a few minutes.

Once inhaled, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it will take five hours to get it out of your system. It will take an additional five hours to decrease that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Resemble Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide can also mimic conditions that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several things you can take to keep your residence safe:

  1. Each residence with at least one gas furnace, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. It’s necessary to have an alarm on each level of your house, on top of the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
    Call TML Service Experts at 208-488-4892 to purchase one. Ask our pros about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you presently have a carbon monoxide detector, frequently check or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every season, and replace the detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor alerts you to danger, get out of your home immediately and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Support from TML Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your family can be safe from the toxic gas. Take the precautions and call TML Service Experts at 208-488-4892 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.