It’s frigid out there. Most of the country is layering up for some icy temperatures. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing pearls of wisdom to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate all exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by outer walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not operational, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, TML Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.