How to Stop Carbon Monoxide in Your Boise Home

February 11, 2015

According to a 2012 report by the National Fire Protection Association, fire departments respond to an average of 72,000 carbon monoxide cases each year. Carbon Monoxide, or CO2, is a colorless, odorless gas by-product of burnt fuel. It’s commonly linked to wood stoves, car engines and other fire combustion sources such as gas or oil furnaces.

Why should you be constantly aware of CO2?

The short answer is that CO2 awareness is a matter of life and death. CO2 is one of the leading causes of accidental poisoning deaths in the US*, and conditions of CO2 poisoning is often confused as the flu, viral infections and prolonged fatigue, among many others. This makes CO2 poisoning the invisible killer that needs to be taken seriously by every Boise homeowner. Acute poisoning takes place from breathing large concentrations of CO2, but poisoning can also occur over many months or years. Some signs may include nausea, vomiting, flu-like symptoms, dizziness and fatigue.

Steps you can take to reduce the CO2 risk in your Boise home?

  1. No home should be without a reliable, tested CO2 detector. You can call TML Service Experts to purchase one today.
  2. If you do have a CO detector that is battery-powered, check or replace the batteries regularly; at least every 90 days. It's also recommended to replace the detector every 3-5 years.
  3. If you experience or have experienced any of the symptoms cited above, ask your doctor to test for carbon monoxide poisoning, and get a second opinion if necessary.

*emedicinehealth.com. Prevention information for Carbon Monoxide poisoning may be inaccurate or incomplete; none of these methods guarantee prevention of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Contact Us