Planning regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Service keeps your AC system in Boise operating at peak performance while keeping energy usage small. It also can even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a few tasks you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at TML Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can complete alone as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that involves a big portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that listing.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling system freshened and checked out. Delaying to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that might turn very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened air conditioning system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC service could be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your cooling unit in the prime condition:
- Change your air filter suggests each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work by the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning system. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your system, because this may impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring TML Service Experts at 208-488-4892, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then our pros get down to the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially stay clear of issues.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any buildup from dust and grass.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is switching on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that need further service, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable solution. Pinpointing likely troubles promptly might solve bigger problems later on. This also gives you time to save if your AC is aging.
When you are looking for an updated AC system to help make your new unit fit your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to book your tune-up? Give us a call at 208-488-4892 or schedule an appointment online right away.