Planning regular AC maintenance is helpful.
Service keeps your AC system in Boise operating at peak performance while keeping energy usage down. It also can even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a few tasks you can do on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at TML Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do alone as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that entails a big portion of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the best time of year to get your cooling system freshened and checked out. Delaying to switch it on until the first hot day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that might turn very uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh air conditioning system will help provide the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioning upkeep might be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling equipment in the prime condition:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and might decrease your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very necessary if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your cooling equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your system, because this may impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with TML Service Experts at 208-488-4892, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already done. Then our Experts get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially skip breakdowns.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is switching on, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that need further service, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable choice. Pinpointing likely issues promptly might solve bigger problems later on. This also gives you time to save if your AC is aging.
When you are looking for a modern cooling system, our Experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your checkup? Give us a call at 208-488-4892 or schedule an appointment online right away.