Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open up windows for crisp air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your furnace or air conditioner.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy bills. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Boise and keeping payments lower.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility charges down.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated AC systems is an obvious benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on HVAC costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your House
You can turn to a few other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and suddenly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and move the temp when you’re out to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 208-488-4892 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the correct fit for your home. And as always, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.